Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Did I get a new pony??

Or did Svenna get a haircut? I was going to just trace clip her, but once the hair starts flying I just can't stop myself. I think she looks amazing, fit, healthy, and cared for. As a bonus it's been so nice and warm here I haven't even had to blanket yet. I also cut her mane, washed and waterproofed her blankets and bought her some new outfits. It's been a good month to be Svenna (although isn't it always?- she's such a princess). 
What is all this fuss for? Well in only THREE DAYS we have our Jeremy Beale clinic! I wanted her looking as beautiful and proper as possible...I know she is not the typical horse that shows up at a dressage clinic so I was hoping to make up for that with good grooming!
The hairy, unkempt "before"
I took some pics a few days before of her looking all hairy and drafty and uncared for. I think the clip makes her look like a little sport pony. If she didn't have the stripy Fjord mane I think I could call her a QH cob cross- she's just a fat little dun pony. I also like her mane a lot shorter like it is in the first pic, I think it makes her neck look much more refined. 

On the training front I'm happy with where we are for the clinic. She really feels like she's starting to get with the program- as long as I can get her going forward she's quite pleasant to ride. She got a lot of time off this week to rejuvinate, only worked Monday and I'll ride her tomorrow, but off Friday too. I'm hoping that all this rest means I'll have a speedy pony on Saturday. I really worked her hard the last three weeks to try and increase her fitness and I do think it paid off, although I wish she had more endurance in the canter. She huffs and puffs less, so I'll take what I can get- getting all that hair off seemed to help with her breathing too.

Svenna says "cheese!!"

My roomate bailed on taking pictures for Saturday, but she's going to do Sunday, so I'm hoping to get some good pics as well as feedback out of the whole thing. I love having pics where we are both turned out nicely and looking good!

Cross your fingers for us that everything goes smoothly and we learn a lot!

2 comments:

  1. She DOES look like a whole new pony and I totally agree about the mane. Have fun! I'm excited for pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks fantastic! Have fun at the clinic!

    ReplyDelete