Thursday, July 31, 2014

Svenna, then and now!

Wow has she changed a lot! I ran into her old back tracing while cleaning and it really shocked me, it is hard to believe now that she was ever that small and A framed. Now she's shaped like a propane tank! Today after her bath I got a barn mate to take some pictures, and I dug up some of the first square pics I took of her last December-two months after I bought her. I think she looks like a totally different animal!

In the picture where she's facing right she is sort of bowing towards the camera trying to look at the photographer which makes her neck look kind of hollow. 


 The top curve is her now, the bottom curve is from December. Crazy!

It's good to look back and remember what we came from- I was not happy with our ride today, but compared to only a few short months ago it's like a different horse and I need to give her credit for that. She is SO much more flexible and strong, even though she has a long way to go. My main goals are to develop more strength to be steady in the bridle, become more consistent over the back, and develop more submission...she can be such a little snot! All in all though she is making great strides and I can't wait to see where she'll be in another 6 months!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Impressive changes. I can't believe her back. That's incredible. Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been really pushing the head down and back up issue which certainly helps develop the back. Might just be fat though lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- those back tracings are CRAZY !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a transformation!! She looks like a completely different Fjord now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I first bought her, the BO said she was the most petite Fjord she's ever seen...not anymore!

      Delete